Sunday, June 8, 2008

So much fun!

Alright, quick recap, I no longer feel the need to hug this person who doesn't even exist. There is six (technically seven, but the last day doesn't really count) school days of school left before summer. And I plan to apply at Blockbuster for a summer and grade 12 job. I'm still reading through Jeremiah, and I have found a fondness for two Veggie Tales songs (Yo Ho Hero by Newsboys, and Pirates Who Don't Do Anything by Relient K).
Now tonight was the year end dance show for my dance studio. I had one Jazz dance (done to Black Horse and a Cherry Tree) and one Ballet dance (Skaters Waltz). Both of them had to have my hair slicked back. So before I left (I started getting ready at two) I put my hair into a ponytail (for Jazz) glomped on the gel to make sure that it was slick, and then loaded on the hairspray to make sure that nothing came loose. Then I put on this dark liquid foundation that darkened me face, layered on the blush, lipstick, eyeshadow, and eyeliner, and over did the mascara, so I did look like a clown. I had to sow a hole up in my ballet tights (and then they got a big run in them, which thankfully was covered by the ballet costume). After the Jazz dance we all quickly got changed into our ballet costume (we -the other girls in my class and I- didn't think it would take as long as it did) and I put MORE gel into my ponytail, and then a friend of mine twisted it into a bun for me, and loaded on more of the hairspray. Add this to the fact that earlier the owner of the studio came around and put sparkling hair spray on everyone. My hair made crinkling sounds when I took it out.
But by far the best part was the finally. I thought we'd go on, curtsy (with the whole studio) the owner would give out her thanks to the teachers and the dancers, and we'd leave. No, of course not. We were all lined up (for some reason they put ALL the teen dancers in the front of the line) and then we did the 'train' on stage, off stage, on through the next wing, off again, on through the next wing and stop so that their was three lines. Then the reason why they put the teens up front in front of all the little kids was made obvious, they dropped balloons onto the little ones, and had a couple girls come running in with silly string spraying it into the the crowd of dancers, which hit only the people in the front row (the teens) so it didn't scare the little kids. And then, THEN they put on the macarena, so all the teens and some other older classes did the macarena, and then the CHICKEN DANCE. It was so much fun.
Anyway, I'm dead tired, but I had to report this.
Type to ya later.
Aurum.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hailey...I think it's time for a new post...:-)