Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rebellion

Hey people, how's it going? I'm going great. Life's great, works great (a little painful on the feet, and mind trying to find the correct food hidden in the pop-ups), everything's great-great. My lungs have decided to rebel against me, but that's a little unavoidable and probably to be expected. (I'll get back to that later).
So lets see, what's been going on since I updated. I had my first two shifts at McD's. Those were fun. On the first one I learned how to make McFlurries (I hate making them, the machine doesn't like me), ice cream, iced coffee, coffee, pop, and fries, as well as how to work the till. The till is so darn confusing. Most of it is straight forward, but then there is just a few things that are well hidden, like the fact that an ice cream cone is with the value meals not desserts, and such. The next shift I was just on till, and boy what a fun day that was. I had two guys that spoke only Spanish, a couple people (in groups) that would interrupt me in the middle of taking their order so I could let them into the bathroom, and a guy who I don't think was all there upstairs. But the rest of the people were nice. But they NEVER STOPPED COMING! That's a good thing, no customers, no work, but we were low on cups, and fries (they would be made, and gone in seconds) and every time I went to stock up cups more people would show up. But I'm not complaining, it was quite fun.
Yesterday was the lady I babysit for's birthday. Well it's more of my dad babysits the kid. And they are more of family friends (the kid is like a little whinny bratty sister). We got here a little chest type box, with three necklaces and matching earrings to put in it.
I finished reading a book called 'Comes a Horseman' yesterday (took me three days to read it because the chapters were odd, and I had a friend over). It was one of those end of the world books, only slightly different. Instead of actually having the antichrist there taking over the world, and a couple people actually over-throwing him and the world going back to normal (which would never happen, even in fiction), it had a guy originally trying to scam people into thinking he was the antichrist to actually believing he was, but he never wasn't. And the people who 'overthrow' him (killed him really) were only doing it to save their lives (he wanted them, and one of the characters kid dead). It's a good book. Not the best thing I've ever read (if you read it out loud it's choppy and awkward, but it's already for a silent read) but it definitely is worth being read.
I've come up with a new story idea. In this time the government are closing down normal high schools and sending teens to boarding schools based on a series of test that they have done on the teens to see what would be the best carrier choice for them, and then place them in the correct school that will push them into that carrier choice. My MC is in one of the last open high schools and it was just shut down. She is sent to a school away from her friends, to one of the smallest of boarding schools. Their she is put threw different things like fencing, self defense, marksmanship and such. At first she (and everyone else) doesn't even know what their carrier path is, but it turns out they are being trained to be assassins (I have a fascination with assassin characters) and my character refuses to be that. Whole plot develops around that.
And this point my two youth leaders (if they are reading, but no longer commenting....*hint*) are shaking their heads going "What is wrong with this girl?"
Today I have very little plans. Probably watch some episodes of House (it's an interesting show, that I think has some religious of some sort person on the writing team as they are always wrestling over the concept of God *on a doctor show* but never reach a conclusion), I plan to go to Value Village because they have Cabbage Patch dolls for 29 cents. (well its the kind you assemble yourself). I'll probably make it today or tomorrow.
I have come to realize something, this blog start out so I could really map out where I've been as a Christian, and it just sort of turn out into a blog for me to just post just about anything on. But I guess that's just a little unavoidable, I tend to blabber on about the unimportant and completely forget about the important so...
So anyway before I post this up and then leave to get my Cabbage Patch Doll I should expand on what I was talking about earlier (if you have forgotten, the first paragraph about the rebelling lungs).
So lets see about them, it's nothing big. They're a little tight (sort of like something is sitting on them), well not now. They are fine at the moment, but it fluctuates. I have no clue why I am posting about breathing problems but... oh well. It's like I said earlier, to be expected and some what unavoidable. Wonders of being me. Out grow asthma, it returns (it's not fun. But to be honest I don't think its actually back seeing as I can still breathe for the most part, not wheezing, no coughing, only a small amount of shortness of breath with tightness, I's fine).
Anyway, I don't plan on ending this on a downward somewhat depressing note so... ... ... ... ...
It's a nice sunny blue sky day outside today, Pepper (my sausage of a cat) is alive and well (and suffering from feline obesity), I'm alive, you're alive, I'm not suffering from writers block, and my birthday is in just over a month (YIPPEE!)
Have a great day people!
Until next time
Aurum.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh Hailey. I actually DIDN'T think "what is wrong with this girl?" Your story plot sounds very intriguing, and I'll love to see where you're going with it! Sound like you're having a full summer so far! Have you seen a doctor about your lungs? :-)