Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat

Alright so Halloween is over. And since I have to work in less then an hour I won't go into my history lesson over it. Maybe later.
For now I will content myself with a short post. I went trick-or-treating last night with the kid I babysat. Amazingly I actually got candy despite my refusal (as I had no bag). I also took some of the girl I went withs candy as when we got home she almost went straight to sleep, I was going through it (to make sure no one tampered with it). It was all fine. I just took the stuff she doesn't like or I knew she wouldn't eat (chips). She got a ton of candy though. Seriously.
Today I went shopping, and got a Christmas CD (no music just singing. It is so pretty). And looked for Christmas gifts. Found none.
Anyway I'll just post the poem I promised you all in the last poem then go.

Self
Just be yourself -
A line that's said
Time and time again.
.
Just be yourself -
Different
Special
Unique
Like everyone else.
.
Just be yourself -
It sounds so easy.
Smile when you want
Cry when you want,
But only when the
Want is appropriate.
.
I try to be myself -
But who I am
Is not who you want.
Do you not see this
Mockery that is me?
.
You do not want me
To be myself.
My carefully spun web
Comforts you.
This smile of glass
Warms you.
Who I really am
Scares you.
.
To be myself
Is out of character.
My desperate attempts
To escape this self
Is seen as odd.
I must shape-up,
Become myself.
.
Just be yourself
You say again.
.
As if you'd let that happen.

And there it is.
Gotta go.
Aurum.

No comments: