Friday, January 2, 2009

'Twas the Night Before.... (what times is this now?)

ACK! I haven't posted all year....... (corny, I know)
Alright so Christmas has come and gone, New Years has come and gone, and all that's left is to go back to school (ahhh!) and go have the family Christmas get together, in January, well AFTER Christmas. But that's just because this way people could go to other family gatherings and thus creating less confusion.
Anyway, onto important stuff. For Christmas I got my dad a book called Pierced. It's really a comic book. Actually a book filled with Zit's comics, specifically the ones that have Pierce in them. I think he liked it. I got a CAMERA!!!!! It's pink, and silver. I also got a ballerina calender, a $50 gift certificate to Coles, bath stuff, a shirt, slippers (one says good morning, and the other says good night)and a fridge magnet that says "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it" I loved what I got.
From the gift certificate I got two books and a bookmark. I still have money left on it too. The books I got were "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins, and "Need" by Carrie Jones.
"The Hunger Games" has become my new favorite book. It's in the future but the most futuristic gadget in there is a hover craft, the rest of it is basically normal stuff we have, and even a little less (no cell phones, or IPods, that kind of thing), and North America has been reduced to one country called Panem, which is one city called Capitol (ironically, it's the the capitol of Panem) that is surrounded by twelve districts, every year one teenaged girl, and one teenaged guy is forced to go to the capital to participate in the hunger games, a televised fight to the death. It's mandatory to watch. The winner is the last person left alive.
"Need" is basically "Twilight" without the vampires, and all the drama, but with Pixie's and other were-animals besides werewolves. It was good.
Today we went skating. I spent half of it with one of those things that help you skate. For the record yes I can skate, however the kid I was babysitting can't. So she was with the skate-help, and she still wouldn't skate, so I pushed her around for about half the time. For the rest of it, my dad pushed her and I just skated around. It was so much fun. I want to go skating again soon. An odd statement I'm sure from someone who dislikes cold and such, but oh well.
Anyway I'm off. Talk to you all later.
Aurum.

No comments: